Illuminate Your Home with Solar Energy
Empower Your Home with Affordable Solar Services
Welcome to Affordable Solar Services: The highest rated Solar Energy installer in Brevard County, proudly earning a solid 5-star rating across 100+ Google reviews. We serve the Space Coast, Treasure Coast, and all surrounding areas including Melbourne, Palm Bay and Viera. Whether you need a cost-effective Solar Pool Heater to double your swimming season, a full Solar Photovoltaic (Solar PV) System for energy independence, or a solar system removal and replacement for a new roof installation, we make going solar affordable for everyone! Harness the sun’s power to brighten your life with our expert Solar PV installations, top-of-the-line Solar Pool Heaters, and battery backup solutions, enabling you to transition your home to clean energy and reduce your energy bills. Visit our Solar Pool Heater and Solar PV panels pages, to learn more about our Solar Services, contact us at 321-576-6156 for any additional information. We are committed to providing prompt and helpful assistance!
How Does Solar Energy Work?
If you’ve been considering a transition to solar energy, you may find yourself asking: “How does solar energy work?” Solar energy works by harnessing the power of the sun to produce electricity that can power your home, reducing your dependence on the grid, and helps you cut down your energy bills.
Here’s a simple breakdown of how solar energy works, particularly focusing on Solar PV (Photovoltaic) technology:
- Solar Panel Absorption: Solar panels are typically mounted on your roof where they can get the most sunlight. These panels are composed of photovoltaic (PV) cells, which absorb sunlight during the day.
- Conversion to Direct Current (DC) Energy: The PV cells convert the absorbed sunlight into direct current (DC) electricity. Each cell produces a small amount of electricity, but combined, they generate a significant amount of energy.
- Conversion to Alternating Current (AC) Energy: Your home runs on alternating current (AC) electricity, not DC. Therefore, the DC electricity generated by the solar panels is converted into AC electricity using an inverter.
- Powering Your Home: The converted AC electricity is then sent to your home’s electrical panel, where it is distributed to power lights, appliances, and other devices.
- Net Metering: If your solar system produces more electricity than you use, the excess power is sent back to the grid, spinning your electricity meter backwards. This process is called net metering and can result in even more savings on your energy bill.
Solar energy refers to a green, renewable power source that provides significant environmental and economic advantages over traditional fossil fuels. With today’s advancements in Solar PV technology, it’s much easier and more affordable to go solar.
The Benefits of Solar Energy
Get more than just power with solar. From huge savings to increasing your home’s value, solar offers a myriad of advantages
1. Benefit from Solar Tax Credits: Install solar panels and take advantage of solar tax credits. It’s not just an investment in your home, but a boost for your wallet.
2. Trusted Solar Installers: With our expert team of in-house solar installers, (we never sub contract your installation) you’re guaranteed quality workmanship and excellent service.
3. Boosted by Battery Backup: Keep your home running smoothly even when the grid goes down, thanks to our efficient battery backup solutions.
OUR WORKING PROCESS
A big part of our business model is transparency. Whether you’re interested in Solar PV Panels to power your home or business, or a Solar Pool Heater to enjoy your pool all year long, we want you to feel confident in every step of your journey to Solar Energy. As part of that, we have broken down our process into six easy steps so you know exactly what to expect. From start to finish, your solar journey can be complete in as little as three weeks!